Looking for the lowest costing LMS isn’t the same as seeking the best value for your organization. In this written piece, we’ll shed light on how to handle LMS pricing challenges in a way that gets you greater value with understanding features your organization needs in order to grow intelligently and stay competitive in a crowded market.
Not interested in a “Rent-a-Wreck?” Why buy one as your LMS?
Your LMS drives your CE program’s success (or failure). If you wouldn’t buy a sputtering vehicle with a single seat over a wire frame, you shouldn’t consider the same minimal functions in your LMS. Your biggest challenge in balancing costs and features when choosing an LMS is learning which features matter. That’s because when evaluating a potential LMS, it’s easy to confuse a sales pitch with a value proposition. Even if the LMS platform that you are considering has a beautiful user interface, a low price, and many of the basic capabilities that you need, you still need to be certain that it has the following categories of features:
- User-friendly tools that automate repetitive, time-intensive administrative tasks
- Activities development components that empower you to innovate
- Data management and analytics assets that provide actionable insights and automated alerts
While a dizzying array of homepage styles and fonts are nice to have, they aren’t critical to your learners’ user experience, unlike a clear navigation structure and a simple FAQ system.
A cheap LMS will provide skeletal features and service, costing you more over time as your program grows.
There’s a huge difference between value and lms pricing in the software industry. Not only do you get what you pay for as the cliché goes, but the costs add up exponentially as your program grows and those “nice to have” features become critical to the survival of your program. Bargain software products tend to charge per feature and those costs stack up with every stage of program growth.
Cheap software also means costly DIY solutions as your needs change. Consider this example:
Your recent ad campaign was a success. You’ve had a few dozen inquiries and now registrations are pouring in each day. Once your information request tally hit two hundred, you realized how much work was ahead for you and your team as you struggled to manage registrations, transcripts and order processing for the first fifty newcomers. You hire a local web design firm to come up with a solution, but while you are waiting, the registrations and inquiries don’t stop. Learners are frustrated and you find yourself researching solutions for document importing and payment processing while your staff fields numerous support calls. Months after your initial request, your web design firm may provide a partial solution, but you’ve already lost dozens of students and spent thousands as you waited, effectively erasing any boost to your bottom line that your successful marketing campaign added. As your program continues to grow, you have to create or purchase new features (like live streaming capabilities ) to meet the needs of your growing audience. You’ve invested so much, and yet as you grow, your margin of profit shrinks.
The top 17 features you shouldn’t go without
Some premium features are too important to go without. Data collection, warehousing, and analytics services help your organization run smoothly and promotes efficient resource management. Here are just some of the options that you will have when using an enterprise-grade platform:
- Detailed measurement of learner engagement using assessment data and interactivity features.
- Review patterns in learner engagement over time either by course or globally.
- Look at aggregate educational outcomes or per-student results by course or over the entire program.
- Generate data visualizations that summarize insights and can be easily shared across your organization.
- Download data visualizations or reports instantly or schedule email delivery. LMS management.
- Create and deliver any credit type including credit hours, CEUs, CNE, CPE, CLE, CFP, CEH, PDH and any other credit types including customized or specialty credits.
- Credit and certification tracking.
- Manage one or hundreds of courses from a single dashboard.
- Offer self-paced, live online or offline learning experiences.
- Auto-generated certificates.
- Manage payment processing and e-commerce components for paid courses.
- Simplified curriculum mapping to state-regulated training standards.
- Scheduled notifications for learners to keep them on track Curriculum Development.
- Innovative curriculum components such as interactive video, animation, and audio can be added to activities, and assessments. LMS Management.
- Advanced administrative task automation sends customized feedback to learners based on learning outcomes (before, during or after assessments).
- An intuitive FAQ and self-help structure spares your support desk by helping learners solve low-complexity issues on their own.
- Comprehensive support is available from day one, regardless of the size of your organization or how many courses you manage.
Don’t let lms pricing sabotage your program’s success: there’s a smart way to be budget savvy and own an LMS that’s feature-rich.
EthosCE is an enterprise-grade platform, not a starter package
EthosCE protects your budget by ensuring long-term value that becomes even more profitable for your bottom line as your program grows. EthosCE offers more than a robust cloud-based platform. We’re here to empower intelligent growth by giving you the resources to streamline program management and ensure your learners receive premium educational experiences consistently.
If you are looking to learn more about an easy-to-use, industry focused LMS for your healthcare CE development, feel free to schedule a 1-on-1 walkthrough with one of our specialists today!