As part of our ongoing commitment to the open-source software movement, we have successfully implemented Moodle for the National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (NAPNAP). Moodle is widely considered the leading open-source learning management system and offers an extensive set of features, including:
- Custom course registration management.
- Automatic grading and certificate generation.
- SCORM 1.2 and Section 508 compliance.
- Multimedia course support.
- Robust reporting and metrics.
- External database integration.
- Scalability (up to 50,000 learners).
- And, accessible to hundreds of other feature modules.
By selecting Moodle, we are able to:
- Implement for our client a robust, customizable learning management system.
- Dramatically reduce development costs and time.
- Better control for risk and quality assurance.
- Leverage the broad development resources on the Web.
Our experience with the Moodle continues to be very positive and we have a number of new client implementations planned in the near future. Moodle™ is a registered trademark of the Moodle Trust and is distributed under the GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE.