How Can Joint Accreditation Impact Your Organization?
Improve the collaborative practice of your organization through Joint Accreditation.
Have you struggled to increase interprofessional collaboration among healthcare providers in your organization? Are you looking for ways to streamline your association’s accreditation process? If you answered “yes” to either of these questions, you should consider Joint Accreditation.
Launched in 2009, the Joint Accreditation for Interprofessional Continuing Education was designed as collaboration between the Accrediting Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). Joint Accreditation combines the expertise of these three forces by allowing organizations to offer simultaneous accreditation in the fields of medicine, pharmacy, and nursing.
Accreditation is achieved when members of your organization participate in and complete continuing medical education activities. Joint Accreditation reduces the need to offer duplicated activities for each field (medicine, pharmacology, nursing) by instead offering a unified application process, a single set of accreditation standards, and a single fee structure. This unified approach streamlines your organization’s CME offerings.
What Are The Benefits of Joint Accreditation?
As outlined below, collaborative education benefits not just the nurses and physicians it serves. It also assists education providers and executives who work to advance healthcare on the local, national, and international level.
Physicians, Pharmacists + Nurses
- Experience the opportunity to learn alongside (and from) colleagues with different areas of expertise, while also advancing personal skillsets.
- Increase skills, knowledge, and the ability to work together on healthcare teams.
- Develop confidence in the CME investment, as Joint Accredited providers are committed to providing effective, relevant, and independent continuing education for healthcare teams.
- Receive distinction from 3 global leaders of continuing medical education accreditation.
- Demonstrate the program’s commitment to team-based, interprofessional education and healthcare.
- Increase operational efficiency while also saving time, money and resources.
- Learn directly about interprofessional collaborative practices through the 3 accrediting bodies.
- Demonstrate commitment to continuing education for improved patient care.
- Discover ways to improve in-house CPE, CNE, and CME programs.
- Offer team-based education initiatives that lead to improved care.
At EthosCE, we provide software that directly supports Joint Accreditation to promote the ongoing success of collaborative healthcare efforts. EthosCE is the industry-leading, SCORM-compliant learning management system designed to automate and modernize the delivery of continuing education in the health professions. We work closely with leading medical association, academic centers, and health system to optimize their technology infrastructure and create an easy-to-use and intuitive environment for learners and CME administrators alike. For more information about our EthosCE, please contact us at 267-234-7401.”