Education Network to Advance Cancer Clinical Trials (ENACCT)
As the technology partner to the Education Network to Advance Cancer Clinical Trials (ENACCT), we are pleased to announce the launch of the re-designed Website, ENACCT.org. ENACCT is a leading not-for-profit organization dedicated to improving access to cancer clinical trials through education and collaboration with communities, health care providers, and researchers. The Website re-design effort is part of a larger partnership between DLC Solutions and ENACCT to leverage innovative Web technologies to:
- Build awareness and promote participation in ENACCT’s cancer clinical trials training programs.
- Streamline the distribution of training media to facilitators nationwide.
- Manage the administration and delivery of a series of online continuing education courses.
- Provide moderated, peer-to-peer support to facilitators.
To accomplish these goals, we worked closely with ENACCT’s key stakeholders to:
- Design an engaging, user-friendly Website using the open-source Drupal content management system. Drupal provides a wide range of Web 2.0 communication features and enables authorized ENACCT personnel to easily manage the ENACCT.org Website through their Internet browser.
- Develop a series of interactive, CE-accredited courses using Adobe Flash about various aspects of cancer clinical trials.
- Integrate the Moodle learning management system to manage participants’ registration, deliver courses, grade assessments, generate CE certificates, and provide reporting on outcome measures.
- Produce a desktop application using Adobe Air for facilitators to download and organize up-to-date training media (eg, video, PowerPoint, PDFs) for their offline presentations to trainees.
We are certainly honored to have the opportunity to work with ENACCT and to help them further advance their important mission through innovative Web technologies. We strongly encourage anyone wishing to learn more about ENACCT and their various cancer clinical trials training programs to contact them at: http://www.ENACCT.org.