Are CPD Offices Maximizing Their CME Software Systems?
Are you getting the best from your CME software? Does it allow you to easily deliver and track your CME, especially with the ever-changing regulatory landscape, increased compliance and reporting requirements, and shrinking budgets?
If you think that you can’t choose the right LMS software—or maximize the one that you do use—when working with limited resources, there’s an LMS technology partner with a solution and a professional service that can provide you with expert help.
Your LMS Software System: Benefits for Your CPD Office
Are you using an LMS for your CME and finding that it’s failing you? Not all CME software systems are created alike. If you’re not using the right one, you can feel frustrated and concerned that your learners will go to your competitors, especially for ACCME accreditations and requirements.
Does your LMS only allow for static content development in the form of PDFs? This is probably not engaging for most learners, especially for doctors who are up with the latest technology and whose time is at a premium.
Rather than stick with old static content, you should look to LMS CME software systems that enable you to easily embed multimedia content for dynamic and enjoyable learning that keeps your learners engaged. You can encourage collaboration through well-designed discussion boards in a module format that encourages learners to work in small groups before reporting back to the whole group.
Dynamic, learner-centered online courses improve learning outcomes for your medical professionals. Using media-rich content and collaborative learning can motivate your learners and provide them with positive learning experiences so they will stay with you for their CME courses.
The right LMS software should help with your course delivery and tracking
When you’re preparing your CME content, the right LMS software should help with the delivery and tracking of your courses. What should you look for when you are trying to maximize your CME software and make the most of it?
- Ease of use. The first part of any software is its interface. It should be clean and simple to learn, with an easy course-creation wizard for both the occasional or regular user. You should be able to clone a course with one click and drag and drop to reorder course components.
- Tracking capabilities. A good LMS will provide tracking capabilities for determining what courses that learners have taken and which courses have been the most effective. It should also enable administrators to track learner attendance, progress, and completions and what learners did both online and offline. In addition, this function should allow your CPD office to keep track of credit types offered, as well as learner certificates once courses are completed.
- Support for multiple credit types. CME software systems should provide support for a wide range of credit types. These include continuing education credit for regularly scheduled series, like grand rounds and case conferences, MOCs, simulations, web-based activities, and a wide variety of other educational formats, like CEUs, CNEs, CPEs, CLEs, CFPs, CEHs, PDHs, and any other credit types and specialty credits.
- Unlimited certificate templates. One standard certificate type is not enough. CME software systems should offer unlimited certificate templates so you can decide which ones are most appropriate for your individual courses.
- Follow-up assessment tools. You want to look for CME software that supplies you with ways to create follow-up assessments that automatically notify your learners based on set intervals, like every 30 days.
- PARS-compliant reports and integration with ACCME web services. A robust LMS should provide PARS-compliant reports and integration with ACCME web services, including ABA, ABIM, and ABP MOC2 programs, with automated reporting to boards and other external systems, including ACCME PARS, CE Broker, CPE Monitor, and others.
Short Staffed and Budget Strapped?
Once the right CME software is in place, are there any other challenges that may result in issues within the inner workings of your CPD office? Is your office short staffed and budget strapped? Maybe you’re experiencing employee turnovers, so you’re spending precious time and money trying to recruit, hire, and train new staff. If you need to do this on multiple occasions, this can significantly take a bite into your budget, not to mention your time. This has a knock-on effect when it comes to the innovative content creation work that you’re doing.
You already have enough on your plate with getting courses online, keeping up with ACCME and AMCC standards, reporting ACCME annual documentation, and attending meetings and conferences. You could use serious help.
There is an LMS provider that recognizes your CME needs and has a professional outsourcing concierge service that can help with your CPD office’s limited resources and save you time and money.
Implement the Right LMS and Expert Concierge Service
When you’re considering an LMS for your CPD office, you should implement one that’s easy to use and has sets of comprehensive tools to quickly get your CME online courses up and running and ready for your learners.
Using EthosCE LMS provides you with the robust, automated tools that you need to keep your CME on track. This LMS is easy to learn and has tracking, support for multiple credit types, assessment tools, and unlimited certificate templates. It also provides PARS-compliant reports and integration with ACCME web services.
Our professional full-service concierge helps you get your CME content online as quickly as possible. The service brings in expert and highly experienced LMS administrators who can find and implement best practices for an improved user experience.
Your office is busy and is getting busier. This service can help during these times. If you have experienced the expensive costs associated with replacing one or more employees or have hired agency temps, this highly-skilled service costs less than a full-time employee. It can also be done remotely or on a retainer contract basis.
You can use our service for any or all of these tasks:
- Setting up courses
- Creating and sending reports
- Pulling data
- Creating and updating forms
- Emailing learners
- Providing end-use support
- Performing data entry
- Providing documentation
- Providing supplemental training
With EthosCE LMS and our concierge service, you can maximize your CME software and have your office running smoothly whenever there’s a lack of internal resources.
Using EthosCE LMS and Our Concierge Service for Your CPD Office
When your CPD office is operating with an inadequate LMS, your work just gets more difficult. It becomes even more challenging when you have limited resources and your budget is compromised. You also run the risk of losing learners if they go to your competitors.
When you use EthosCE LMS and our concierge service, you not only maximize your use of CME software for the greatest learning outcomes, but you also put your office into the hands of expert client services staff so you can regain control of your administrative tasks and get your online courses on track.
Learn how to maximize your CME software in your CPD office, even when working with limited resources. Request a 1-on-1 demo with one of our specialists today.