5 Ways To Prioritize Learner Needs With Your Learning Management System
When choosing an LMS system for your organization, consider the specific needs of your learners.
When considering a new LMS software for your organization, you should first determine the program objectives. While an efficient and easy to use LMS platform is essential, it’s also imperative that the educational material be engaging and beneficial to users. In order for learners to improve and grow in their roles, it’s critical to make sure that the LMS offered within your organization operates in a positive and clear manner.
5 Questions To Ask Before Choosing A New LMS
When deciding on a new Learning Management System, you may find it helpful to use the following questions to guide your search:
- Who am I teaching and what are their objectives for learning? Determining your target audience and how they will benefit from an LMS will help you choose a program that is directly focused to meet their needs.
- What skill sets need to be improved? Learners may benefit from an LMS that includes material on challenging topics. Knowing how to target your LMS at areas needing improvement will benefit your organization.
- What is the desired outcome of your LMS? Software that facilitates continuing medical education can cover a large range of material. As you consider a new system, ask your learners how this process best fits alongside their schedules, and determine a corresponding timeline.
- How will your learners be trained? Depending on the goals of your organization, you may want to train learners simultaneously or separately. For groups that train together, social interaction allows learners to develop relationships with peers. Such interaction helps to cultivate a richer learning experience and keep learners engaged.
- How many learners will your LMS system need to support? Choosing an LMS software that can manage the number of learners in your organization is critical to ensuring a successful experience.
If you answer these five questions before beginning your search for a learning management system, the decision becomes much simpler. With a clear view of what your organization needs, you can choose the LMS best suited for those needs. Your learners will thank you.
EthosCE is the industry-leading, SCORM-compliant learning management system designed to automate and modernize the delivery of continuing education in the health professions. We work closely with leading medical association, academic centers, and health system to optimize their technology infrastructure and create an easy-to-use and intuitive environment for learners and CME administrators alike. For more information about our EthosCE, please contact us at 267-234-7401.