Non-dues revenue? Of course, you’d like more. But with approximately 1,800 organizations providing CME programming in the US, how can you gain a competitive edge in an industry this crowded? The answer? Better reporting for CME activities.
3 Quick Tips for Improving Your Non-Dues Revenue
- Use your program data to your advantage. Focus on presenting succinct evidence of your organization’s positive impact on your community in your pitch.
- Develop a seamless process for gathering, storing, and analyzing data. Access to error-free program and user data is essential to the development of an impactful funding proposal.
- A winning funding proposal is always data-driven. When program reports are comprehensive and well structured, it is easier to develop a strong narrative in support of your funding proposal.
That’s a tall order, but the good news is that an enterprise-grade LMS will handle all critical CME data management processes for you. You won’t have to get your hands—or your data—dirty with manual information gathering.
Better Reporting for CME: How Self-Serve Analytics Can Transform Your Fundraising Model
EthosCE Analytics offers robust analytics suite that empowers CME directors to use their data to create a compelling narrative. When creating your pitch—whether it’s for a non-profit funding source or commercial support—you need a simple way to show a positive uptick in educational outcomes over time. Here are three of our top solutions for better reporting for CME:
- Data visualizations bring your fundraising narrative to life. EthosCE advanced data visualizations make it easy for CME directors to summarize complex data and share it in an engaging format.
- Customizable data dashboards reveal the architecture of your CME goals and highlight program strengths.
- High-impact report templates and design components present a compelling portrait of your organization’s path forward. Customizable reports allow users to tailor content to each potential sponsor’s requirements.
With an advanced data visualization, your CME vision becomes a clear path outlined by data, not just a concept for your sponsors.
The EthosCE Analytics Suite makes it simple for CME directors to view all relevant learner data at a glance.
Customizable analytics dashboards give you access to real-time and historical data, making it simple to pick the right insights to build a powerful presentation of your program’s value proposition.
With evidence-driven reporting, you have an edge in finding sponsorship in a market teeming with strong competitors.
Learn more about how EthosCE makes data visualizations easy.
Am I Compliant? A Primer on ACCME Commercial Support Standards
Perhaps your most important task in working towards improving non-dues revenue is making certain that you remain compliant with the latest ACCME standards for commercial support.
What is a commercial interest?
According to the ACCME, a commercial interest is a company or organization which produces, markets, sells, or in any way distributes goods or services which are destined to be used by or for a patient. The ACCME does not deem clinical service providers to be commercial interests.
The following entities are also not considered commercial interests:
- 501-C Non-profit organizations (Note, ACCME screens 501c organizations for eligibility. Those that advocate for commercial interests as a 501c organization are not eligible for accreditation in the ACCME system. They cannot serve in the role of joint provider, but they can be a commercial supporter.)
- Government organizations
- Non-healthcare related companies
- Liability insurance providers
- Health insurance providers
- Group medical practices
- For-profit hospitals
- For profit rehabilitation centers
- For-profit nursing homes
- Blood banks
- Diagnostic laboratories
This list may change without notice. Read the latest full text on the ACCME website.
What is commercial support? Per the ACCME, commercial support is defined as financial or in-kind support from a commercial interest that is will be used to fund any portion of a CME activity.
If you plan to receive commercial support, you may achieve compliance by doing the following:
- Adopt and maintain compliance with ACCME Standards for commercial support. These include:
- STANDARD 1.1 A CME provider must ensure that the following decisions were made free of the control of a commercial interest. (a) Identification of CME needs; (b) Determination of educational objectives; (c) Selection and presentation of content; (d) Selection of all persons and organizations that will be in a position to control the content of the CME; (e) Selection of educational methods; (f) Evaluation of the activity.
- STANDARD 2.1 The provider must be able to show that everyone who is in a position to control the content of an education activity has disclosed all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest to the provider. The ACCME defines “‘relevant’ financial relationships” as financial relationships in any amount occurring within the past 12 months that create a conflict of interest.
- Read the full list, with updated commercial support standards on the ACCME website.
A Note on Commercial Advertising:
The ACCME does not consider exhibits and advertising to be commercial support and advertisements are promotional activities and not continuing medical education. However, the ACCME does have a number of requirements for the employment of advertising:
STANDARD 4.1 Arrangements for commercial exhibits or advertisements cannot influence planning or interfere with the presentation, nor can they be a condition of the provision of commercial support for CME activities.
STANDARD 4.2 Product-promotion material or product-specific advertisement of any type is prohibited in or during CME activities. The juxtaposition of editorial and advertising material on the same products or subjects must be avoided. Live (staffed exhibits, presentations) or enduring (printed or electronic advertisements) promotional activities must be kept separate from CME.
EthosCE makes commercial support compliance simple, allowing for easy PARS-compliant reporting and simplified data sharing with stakeholders. Read the full list of standards on the ACCME website.
The Easiest Way to Better Reporting? Stop Writing (So Many) Reports
With EthosCE Analytics, your data visualization capabilities will reduce the number of reports that you will have to write, allowing you to present lean, impactful funding proposals that engage and inspire interest. Data visualizations illuminate your program’s unique strengths and help potential sponsors quickly see the data that supports your powerful narrative.
For more than 16 years, EthosCE has supported CME directors in their efforts to boost revenues and expand their organization’s reach. With ongoing, exceptional support, a comprehensive analytics suite, and a purpose-built CME LMS, EthosCE is the only platform your program will ever need to scale.
Ready for better revenue? Learn how we can help you transform your fundraising strategy today with a 1-on-1 strategy session with us!