What is EthosCE?
EthosCE is a Web-based content and learning management system specifically designed by educational experts and technologists to streamline and enhance the administration of continuing education activities for your members or employees.
EthosCE enables organizations to produce and manage robust training Websites that offer peer-to-peer networking, communities of learning, online and offline educational activities, compliance management programs, and outcomes analyses.
You can easily create courses, quizzes, exams and tests, manage users, collect feedback and track outcomes. You can deliver courses in nearly any format while reducing the cost of your training exercises. Loading a course from start to finish takes less than 20 minutes and can be done by non-technical staff.
EthosCE is cost-effective.
EthosCE leverages the same advanced technology used by the United States Government, Sony Erricson, Harvard University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), the University of Pennslyvania, Virgin Radio, Nokia, Harvard, Oxfam and Amnesty International to name a few.
Why pay for proprietary software when you leverage the investment of some of the world's leading organizations? As an open-source application, you are not subject to annual licensing fees or restrictions on the number of users. EthosCE is a cost-effective way to training dozens or thousands of learners.
We are working hard to prepare our contributed modules for release on Drupal.org. We will make an announcement as soon as they are released.
It’s easily customizable.
Because it’s not proprietary, EthosCE can be fully customized to reflect your organization’s business needs, such as branding, content navigation, data collection, and integration with third-party applications.
EthosCE puts you in control.
Your staff can be trained to run all the function of the learning and content management system. You don’t need IT staff for the day-to-day operations of managing your learners.
Developed to meet government certification requirements.
EthosCE was originally developed to meet the needs of delivering and certifying the medical education requirements of state governments. After building EthosCE, it became clear that these needs were very similar to many other professional and continuing education programs. As a result, we’ve introduced EthosCE to the rest of the world. To take advantage of the advanced features of EthosCE, contact us today.
- Deliver engaging learning content in multiple formats. EthosCE supports HTML, Video, Flash, Articulate, Adobe Presenter, PDF and Microsoft Office courses. Almost any online media can be used as a course.
- Encourage learner interaction and peer-to-peer knowledge sharing. Learners can communicate online in message boards, peer-to-peer “friend” relationships and emails.
- Build a community of learners and share and repurpose your learners’ knowledge.
- Reduce the time and cost of educational administration and assessment. EthosCE can replace labor intensive data entry and tracking with online reports and data exports. Improve regulatory compliance.
- Create a custom report to output for auditing and tracking. Demonstrate outcomes measurement. Use pre- and post-tests with follow-ups to measure outcomes. Remind users to come back months later and evaluate what they’ve learned.
- Increase the value of membership or employment. EthosCE can provide a service to members worth paying for. Use it to incentivize membership. Professional educational services can be offered free to members, but not to the public. Leverage learner participation, communication, and collaboration.
- Read what your learners are saying and adapt learning materials to their needs. Post polls, visit message boards, subscribe to discussions.
- Evaluate a learner’s progress using a rich set of evaluation and assessment tools. Custom quizzes, tests, or exams can be extensively customized by non-technical staff.